AquaParts SS2 Aquaponics Plumbing Kit, Siphon drainage with Sump Tank, 2-Beds
- All the plumbing parts (66 total) you will need to build a thriving aquaponic system out of two grow beds, a sump tank, and a fish tank. (grow beds and tanks not included)
- Two AquaParts Bell Siphons with Media Guards ...one even has a View Window!
- A PDF with links to eleven 10 - 15 minute long private videos to help guide you on everything from selecting your grow beds and fish tank to understanding how the bell siphons work
- A fully illustrated step-by-step set of instructions to guide you through the entire project
With the addition of a sump tank your fish tank will stay at a constant height AND you can start with a 1 to 1 ratio of your fish tank volume to total grow bed volume going all the way to 1 to 3.
This kit has all the plumbing parts you need to build a thriving aquaponic system out of any set of 2 grow beds and sump and fish tanks. That could be any of the following:
- Two Bountiful Grow Beds, One 130 Gallon Sump tank, and a 200 Gallon Fish Tank
- Three IBC totes, with one cut in half for the grow beds. one cut in half for the sump tank and the third serving as the fish tank.
- Any other food-safe, water tight containers your imagination can come up with!
What this kit includes:
- Step-by-step set of instructions to guide you. This fully illustrated manual takes you through the entire project in detail, including how to size and select grow beds and tanks, how to assemble your system, how to start it, and how to maintain it for optimal performance.
- Two bell siphons, complete with two Media Guards!
- All the valves, bulkheads, t-connectors, and elbows you will need. (pump is not included)
What this kit does not include:
- 1″ and 2″ PVC pipe – this can be easily and inexpensively sourced locally, and purchasing your own gives you more flexibility with the placement of your components. (As a guide, we used two 10’ lengths of 2” PVC as well as five 10’ lengths of 1” PVC in creating our test system using IBC totes.)
- Pump – the best pump size for your unique system depends in part on the placement of your components. Please see our Pumps selection guide to purchase.
- Grow Beds, Fish Tank and Sump Tank
- Grow Media
- Getting Started Combo Pack – gives you a test kit, pH Up and Down solutions for managing your pH, a cycling kit with the instructions and materials you need to establish your nitrifying bacteria colony, and the Aquaponics Explained DVD for even more information about aquaponics! All at 20% less than if you had bought these items individually.
- Aeration – Your fish need more oxygen than this system design can give them, plus it is always good to have backup air in case your pump fails.
- Weight: 24 lbs
- Dimensions: 16.5'' x 12.5'' x 13''
|Compatible with||The Aquaponics Source|
|Shipping Label||Quick Shipment|
|Made In USA||Yes|
|Freight (not shippable)||No|