SharkBite® PEX tubing is a cross-linked polyethylene tubing for a wide range of residential and commercial plumbing applications. Manufactured without an oxygen barrier for potable water systems (available in white, blue, and red) and with an oxygen barrier for radiant floor and hydronic heating applications (available in orange). The oxygen diffusion barrier applied to the exterior limits oxygen permeation through the tubing wall in hydronic heating applications which prevents corrosion of ferrous metal parts in the heating system. A repeating SharkBite® imprint pattern provides a visual aid to determine if the tube has been inserted all the way into the SharkBite® Push-Fit Fitting. This feature only works if the tubing is cut between the SharkBite® imprint pattern.
- Material: Polyethylene
- Size: 1'' x 500'
- Color: Red
- Strong, flexible, corrosion-resistant pipe
- Flexibility reduces number of fittings needed to complete a job; reducing cost and leak points
- Can be installed wet or dry for immediate pressure testing
- SharkBite imprint pattern provides a visual aid to ensure pipe is fully inserted when using SharkBite push-to-connect fittings
- Listed to NSF 14 and CSA B137.5 for use in potable water systems
- Meets UL1821 standard for plastic piping for fire systems (3/4 in. and 1 in. only)
- Manufactured and tested to meet or exceed the requirements of the ASTM F-876/877/2023 and CSA B137.5
*** SHIPPING IS INCLUDED***
System shall be plumbed using SharkBite® Tubing cross-linked polyethylene pipe
and all joints shall be made using SharkBite® push-fit fittings or brass Cash Acme
barbed fittings with clamps. Tubing and fittings shall be installed as outlined in the
SharkBite® PEX installation manual.
Maximum Working Pressure:
160 psi @ 73.4°F (23°C)
100 psi @ 180°F (82°C)
80 psi @ 200° F (93°C)
Tubing . . . . . . . PEX-B cross-linked polyethylene